Please see article here
Caterpillar is a U.S. company. The U.S. economy (if you believe some the doomsday prophets) is going to hell! Just take a look at these headlines taken over a twelve day period from CNBC.com in September:
• “Mark Faber’s 3 Reasons a Plunge is Coming”
• “Stockman: U.S. is Heading for a Crisis”
• “Cramer: 7 Reasons to Raise Cash Now”
• “Brace for Correction: Technical Analyst”
• “Stocks Have a Window to Knock the Market Down: Todd Harrison”
• “Why Incomes Could Fall for the Next Thirty Years”
• “See: Investors Flee Stocks, Bonds: Now What?”
• “Stocks Aren’t Great Bargains Anymore: Dr. Doom”
• “China’s Credit Levels Echo U.S. Crisis”
• “No Country is Safe from Emerging Market Meltdown”
• “S&P 500 Still Has an Appointment Below 1600: Saut”
• “Stocks Heading for October Crash: ‘Take Some Chips off the Table,’ Merk Says”
• “Traders Struggle with Perfectly Terrible Jobs Number”
• “Krugman Overboard: Says Economic Policy a ‘Horrifying Failure’ ”
• “Watch: This Could Ruin the Dow’s Rally”
• “Investors Becoming Less Bullish and ‘a Little More Afraid’ ”
• “G-20 Faces Growth Threats as Syria Adds to QE Exit Risks”
Caterpillar has paid a dividend every year since it was formed and has been paying a quarterly dividend since 1933 – over 80 years of dividends which equate to a humans average life expectancy! 2 Billion dollars in share buyback and 15 per cent increase in dividends is hardly the move of a struggling company.
I hope there are many families who have been long term shareholders of this company, living the lives in which they have wished for, funded by the dividends – and leaving a meaningful legacy to who they love.
I implore you to continue to build your careers or business, to live within your means and build surplus cash follow through buying stakes in the world’s great businesses. Never let the doomsday prophets stop you from achieving an income stream that will allow you and your families to live the life you wish for.
Any advice in this publication is of a general nature only and has not been tailored to your personal circumstances. Please seek personal advice prior to acting on this information.